[simpits-tech] Adapter Parts

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:44:03 +0000

Hey guys,

Well I put some of my boxes up on eBay, and I got some questions from a guy
who happens to be a C-130E Crew Chief, who was hoping they would work for a
military connector. Anyway, long story short, we've been emailing back and
forth and he said he's willing to send me a military style jack, plug, and
possibly wiring guide for each. So naturally I told him I'd be interest, but
before I can work on this thing I need a microphone to test it out... so I
hopped on flightsuits.com to take a look at replacement parts, and this is
when I noticed several problems:

There are 2 different kinds of Type 38 (one plug) connectors - regular and
wide. Which is more common?
Also, there are 2 different kinds of microphones - dynamic, and electret.
Again, which is more common?
And of course the last problem, the dynamic mic - JUST the element - is $28,
and the electret is >>>$78<<<<!!!! For just the mic peice!

So basically right now I'm trying to figure out what parts I should design
for, and I'm trying to track down a mic for cheap - I only need one, to test
with. So any help would be appreciated, I know there's a few of you out
there who would also like to see a military adapter, hint hint ;)

Brian