[simpits-tech] Ideas for out-the-window visuals?

Joseph Fagner simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 02:01:29 -0600

How about going to TV repair shops and chewing the fat with the guys
there to see if you can get inside some busted big screens and snatching
the mirrors out of those guys.  Most of the newer TV's use first surface
mirrors and since the TV's are not repairable (for whatever reason), no
one going to use those mirrors for much, might get them pretty cheap.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org] On Behalf Of Rob Hommel
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 1:54 AM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Ideas for out-the-window visuals?

Sean

As a matter of fact yes I have tried this and done that got the T-shirt
etc.
The reason no mention of it is that the amount of light produced by a
monitor is insufficient to cast a bright image. In a very dark room  was
able to cast an image of insufficient illumination to matter.

I am very glad to see you folks thinking sideways about some of the
problems
involved in imaging for the Sims. I would really like to see a little
experimentation. I have not done it all, tried it all I have done what
my
little pea sized brain could do on a very limited budget.

I look forward to seeing someone try magnifiers and mirrors to bring a
monitor image to the forward view. Has anyone got a good source for
front
mirrored glass? A regular mirror will introduce a ghost image. A good
alternative is if anyone can come up with a good way to cheaply mirror
glass. Any telescope makers out there?

Keep 'em Flying
Rob Hommel