[simpits-tech] Ideas for out-the-window visuals?

Rob Hommel simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 23:54:28 -0800

Sean

As a matter of fact yes I have tried this and done that got the T-shirt etc.
The reason no mention of it is that the amount of light produced by a
monitor is insufficient to cast a bright image. In a very dark room  was
able to cast an image of insufficient illumination to matter.

I am very glad to see you folks thinking sideways about some of the problems
involved in imaging for the Sims. I would really like to see a little
experimentation. I have not done it all, tried it all I have done what my
little pea sized brain could do on a very limited budget.

I look forward to seeing someone try magnifiers and mirrors to bring a
monitor image to the forward view. Has anyone got a good source for front
mirrored glass? A regular mirror will introduce a ghost image. A good
alternative is if anyone can come up with a good way to cheaply mirror
glass. Any telescope makers out there?

Keep 'em Flying
Rob Hommel