[simpits-tech] Re: motion platform, and outside view.

Craig Rochester simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 17:17:23 -0500

Hi Gordon,

It sounds like you've done some homework on this.  I did some searching and
reading of technical literature on motion platforms.  Some of them read like
a physics Ph.D. thesis paper (great for insomnia). :)  Indeed, the
algorithms for actuating the platform to simulate inertial forces are not
trivial.  Here are some web links:

http://www.nlr.nl/public/facilities/f111-04/index.html
http://mclab.me.pusan.ac.kr/english1/reserach/project/simulator.htm
http://wwwrobot.gmc.ulaval.ca/~ricard/Articles/Delft_ceas_95/delft_html.html
http://www.virtualsimulation.com/reports/a975001.pdf
http://www.virtualsimulation.com/reports/a99xxxx.pdf
http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/DTRS/1988/PDF/H-1371.pdf
http://www-sdb.larc.nasa.gov/aiaa/pdf/aiaa-99-4328.pdf

Is anybody actually coding stuff like "washout"?

Craig R.