[simpits-tech] Avionics Power Panel

F16 simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 09:36:48 +0100

Hi,

I have a short question to the avionics power panel from the current F-16C
block 50/52 and I hope, anyone can help me.

On pictures about the block 50 I found two different panels. One with 6
switches (MMC, ST STA, MFD, UFC, GPS and DL) and one with 7 switches (FCC,
SMS, MFD, UFC, GPS, DL and MAP). I was the opinion that the "7-switch"
panel version was used in the older version from block 50 and the
"6-switch" panel was used in the current block 50 and MLU version. But now,
I have read in the book from Danny Coremans & Nico Deboeck, that the
"7-switch" panel is newer and is in the upgrade program 2001-2003 and the
"6-switch" panel is used in the older version. What is right and what is
wrong? I can tell somebody something over the history of the panel?

Thanks alot
Martin "Pegasus"