[simpits-tech] Press-N-Squeal PC Board Sheets

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 01 Dec 2002 11:51:46 -0500

I recently bought the Press-N-Peel PC Board film to try making some small
prototype boards.

The bad news is that I was very underwhelmed with the results.

The good news is that it only took about 5 minutes of working with the stuff
to realize that it was not going to work.

The biggest problem is registering the film over the PCB.  Once you get it
where you want it, applying the hot iron will move it where you don't want
it.  However, it won't move until it has deposited 50% of the toner in one
spot and then finishes with the remainder smeared over a different spot.

Neither spot is where I had intended it to go.

Not sure if I want to explore the UV photo etch route or not.

Marv