[simpits-tech] F16 Glare shield install.

Chris Crowley simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 08:00:00 -0400

Hey everyone,

I am approaching the final assembly of my center console structure and am
beginning preparation for the installation of the main panel and glare
shield.

I have a couple questions for you. The master caution (MC) panel (for want
of a better name -- its the one on the left side of the main instrument
panel) is "elevated" from the main panel by some amount. I have the ERTL
model and am measuring ~ 1.75 inches (when converted to scale) at the base.
Does anyone have a measurement for this for the block 50?

I would also like to know how far the edge of glare shield extends beyond
this point (z-axis to MC panel) on the left side  of that panel.

I have uploaded a picture to http://www.simpits.org/fileproc/allfiles.php it
shows my progress on the structure as of last weekend.

Note that I was very impressed by the work of "Wombat" and used his web site
extensively for reference. Thank you Wombat!

Thanks,

V.R.

Chris Crowley