[simpits-tech] What I've been up to lately...

Allen Buffington simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:52:57 -0600

I thought I would let the group know what I've been up to lately.
For the last 18 months or so I have been working on a project which has
finally become a reality.

Two months ago I opened a virtual entertainment center called SIMWORLD.
We have approximately 5000 square feet of floor space with 2
Thrustmaster F-16 cockpits, 4 DesktopSims' HyperStimulator race car
cockpits, and just this weekend I bought from Paul at DTSims a
Beechcraft Bonanza simulator which has a real aircraft fuselage. It
should be
operational within just a few weeks.

As I mentioned earlier, I have had the store site open for two months
now and it is really attracting a lot of attention. The store also
features a console gaming room with Xbox's, GameCube's, and Playstation
2's,
and an internet cafe' with 16 online gaming computers and highspeed
internet
access.

This isn't meant as an advertisement or marketing for this enterprise
here on
the group, just wanted to let people on the group know what I have
managed
to come up with by pooling all this together. It may inspire someone
else to do
the same thing.

I opened up the center not so much as a means of making money, but as
a way to share the simulation experience with a whole lot of people. In
fact I only charge $10 per hour for the use of the simulators and $4 per

hour for the computer gaming.

So if anyone is ever in the Great Falls, Montana area be sure and stop
by for a ride.

~~Allen