[simpits-tech] Bending Aluminium

Stig Joergensen simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:18:28 +0200

Hi All knowing ppl out there - i have yet an other question....

How do you achive the sharpest bend on the correct spot on a aluprofile?

I have an U-profile where i have cut a piece out where the bend need to
be

seen from the side:

 _________       _______
|_________|___|_______
                  ^
        bend point

so the result should look like this :

bend point
 _____________
|    |
|__|

Shout i heat it first? with a flame? or perhaps with hot-air? perhaps
cut a small rife (if thats a word?) in the buttom of the profile where
the bend point is (perhaps 1/3 though, strength is not my primary
concern)?

/Stig

BTW Using auto paint on glass works like a charm, but care must be taken
- otherwise "paint running" might occure