[simpits-tech] My...isn't it quiet (LONG TEXT)

michael hirczy simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 23:16:46 +0200

Hi, everyone!

SG> SO!  What's on *your* workbench?  huh?

a lot is going on here in Austria :)

real life(tm):
Austrian National Television (ORF) had a visit to my parent's house
(and me *g*), to make a one day filming session. the topic of the
documentary is about "people interested in aviation, especially
fast-jets". it was really fun doing the filming and interviews - and I
made up some nice contacts, for there will be an aircombat training
session at the end of may with participants from Austria, Switzerland,
Italia and I think some more. the TV team wants to do some shooting
there, too and maybe I'll be lucky and be with them the day - would be
great ;).

the cockpit:
*) one positive sideeffect of the filmig stuff was that they wanted
to get some shots doing work on the pit, so I was forced to produce
something *G*. The ORF paid for the materials, so I decided building
my ACES-II replica would be a good point to start. with the help of my
father (who also will be on TV ;), I started to cut the parts,
according to Chris Van Lierop's (thanks Chris, BTW) plans, a little
modified to my needs (it's quite hard to cut 0.018 mm by hand *g*).
I got a real parachute container, which will be included in the final
design.
finishing the seat is one of the main priorities know.

*)Before the TV team arrived, we wanted to have something to show them,
so the side consoles have been finished. My father also did some first
designs for mounting the cut FLCS to the right console.

*)The chips from ferrettronics.com for controlling the stepper- and
servomotors for analogue gauges have been ordered and should arrive
next week, so I started to design the gauge-graphics.

*)I found out, that my EPIC "C" has an expansion module prior to the
current first expansion module, which doesn't have the DB-connectors
for the sticks, but also 256 inputs available (128 more than I
thought) - so the first connection diagrams for the switches and
buttons has been designed.

*)the long planned (about 1 year ago) panel update has been started -
panels will get a 2nd layer for switch and backlights mounting, and a
1st layer for "displaying" the text.

*)2 new domains have been registered:
www.f16simulator.net and
www.f16simulator.info
if you have links to my pages on your homepages, please be sure to
update these (and only use the new domains, please), I'm still looking
for the best webspace provider.

THINGS TO DO:
*) homepage update (very urgent) with new info and pics
*) finish the new ICP
*) finish analogue gauges
*) make new front consoles, so the 12" monitors will fit behind them
for displaying RWR, DED, backup ADI, and some data at the MFDs.
*) pedals (still in designing phase)

that's it from me.
sorry for the long posting

greetings,