[simpits-tech] My...isn't it quiet :)

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 17:44:40 +1200

It has been a little quiet on the list of late....I guess everyone is busy
working on their pits, and so don't have time for pesky email..... :)

A couple of groups I belong to do a semi-regular "what's on the workbench"
where everyone tells a little about what they have been up to...  Its a
good way to keep up-to-date with what we are all doing.
I was thinking maybe this is something that could be worth a few laughs on
SimPits?

To kick things off;  I have finally moved the A-4 pit into it's new
home.  My wife and I recently bought a house and so I now have a permanent
home for my pits....
The A-4 and King Air now sit side by side at one end of the garage with
heaps of workspace around them.  As the A-4 is on castors I can wheel it
out into the middle of the room to work on it!

Today I built the rear bulkhead and ejection seat rails and fitted them,
which means the seat is now held in place properly, rather than just
sitting on the floor.  It is actually quite amazing what a difference it
made, I mean it looked like a seat sitting on the floor before, now it is
part of the cockpit...very cool :)  I also fitted the headrests to the
seat, which has dramatically changed the look, in fact I am now happy with
the shape of the thing <g>

Next step is routing the side walls out to give me enough room to fit my
side consoles, that should be an adventure ;-)

SO!  What's on *your* workbench?  huh?

Sean.