[simpits-tech] Thanks for the Hagstrom tip

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:05:10 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Lee, David wrote:

> Gene,
> Thanks for the tip! I had read that review some time ago and frankly it
> didn't mean much to me at the time. I couldn't understand why I would need
> to spend that kind of money when I could just use an old keyboard. Now that
> I've priced relays and the other little expenses that add up quickly, I see
> that the encoder is actually a decent investment. It almost seems too good
> to be true that I can simply hook up a toggle switch and it will work
> automatically. I assume a momentary switch is also a no-brainer. So now I
> think I might just take a big step backwards and start over again using an
> encoder. The rotary modules look great but they might have to wait based on
> budget. I just sent a check for the throttle quadrant out of an old Baron
> and I'm beginning to wonder how much more my wife is going to tolerate! A
> divorce would REALLY be expensive!
> David

If you're considering a hagstrom - I can't recommend them highly
enough. I've just finished tweaking the KE72 I used in our 'pit and it
works perfectly. Tech support from hagstrom is damned good too - I know, I
tested it several times ;)

Hagstrom are considering developing a new
controller.. bigger.. better.. badder (dude).  wish they'd hurry it up!

Roy.