[simpits-tech] Thanks for the Hagstrom tip

Lee, David simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:27:42 -0400

Gene,
Thanks for the tip! I had read that review some time ago and frankly it
didn't mean much to me at the time. I couldn't understand why I would need
to spend that kind of money when I could just use an old keyboard. Now that
I've priced relays and the other little expenses that add up quickly, I see
that the encoder is actually a decent investment. It almost seems too good
to be true that I can simply hook up a toggle switch and it will work
automatically. I assume a momentary switch is also a no-brainer. So now I
think I might just take a big step backwards and start over again using an
encoder. The rotary modules look great but they might have to wait based on
budget. I just sent a check for the throttle quadrant out of an old Baron
and I'm beginning to wonder how much more my wife is going to tolerate! A
divorce would REALLY be expensive!
David

--__--__--

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:49:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gene Buckle <geneb@deltasoft.com>
To: "'simpits-tech@simpits.org'" <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Easy way to handle rotary switches?

David, check out the rotary module that Ray builds.  You can see it over
at http://www.avsim.com/bluesideup.

The module will handle 4 rotary encoders and for $99 (if memory serves)
you get the board and four encoders.  It will work with either a keyboard
encoder like the Hagstrom unit or the EPIC input module.  I've got 2 of
them and he's done a good job building them.

g.

End of Simpits-tech Digest