[simpits-tech] My...isn't it quiet :)

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 16:09:37 +0000

Well, coming up on finals week here pretty soon, so pit work has been at a
minimum, but did have a couple interesting mercury-related things recently.

I was over at a friends room the other day, and he was showing me some pics
he had on his computer of the mercury. One of them was a full-color pic of
the instrument panels! I have no idea where he got it from, I was just mad
because he never mentioned it, he thought I had it already :) So I've got
one more reference for the pit, still not enough though.

The next thing is more of a question for the group. A thing I thought of for
the Merc sim is that it would be nice to be able to record VHS tapes of the
flights. I figure our group here on campus will be using this as a PR tool,
it would be nice to make recordings of people's sub-orbital flights that
they could take home, kinda like with those green-screen music video type
deals. Anyway, what I thought would be cool is to record a 4-way split
screen, one showing the view from the astronaut camera (in the panel,
pointing at the astronaut), one showing the view from the window, one
showing the exterior view, and then one just giving flight data, altitude,
speed, that sort of thing. Any ideas on how I could accomplish this?

Brian