[simpits-tech] Epiclink Problems.. WAS: Correct list for Epic?

Stuart Whelan simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 09:07:20 +1200

Good morning!

> 1. please migrate all your EPL to the new EPL syntax. I will
> send you epicenter v0.1.144 in a separate email. This will
> force you to create the correct device descriptors and epl
> syntax. I can help you with this migration.you will find the
> new syntax to be completely different and
> *much* more powerful with its C like syntax

Will do, sounds good! I had seen epicenter available, but thought it was
only for the USB version.

> 2. test your epl on a local system

I am actually doing all this for a friend. :) My FS2k2 motherboard has
an ISA slot. I started with the epic in the FS2k2 machine, and it worked
perfectly with the epl I put in the zip file. Now it is a matter of
getting it working in a remote machine. :) I did not mention this
earlier as I did not want to 'muddy the waters' so to speak.

I will put the epic back into the FS2k2 machine while getting epicenter
working.

> 3. there must be a config error in the epiclink config. I
> wont have time until tomorrow to look this over...

That's fine. :) I will look forward to your response.

> 4. are you running wideclient on the client machine ?

Client machine being the FS2k2 machine or the Epic machine? When doing
the tests I usually have wideserver running on the FS2k2 machine, but do
not bother to run up wideclient on the epic machine.. I did not think
epiclink required it to be running. I mostly use wideclient at this
stage for testing network connectivity. Eventually I will be running a
couple of gauges on the second PC, so will be using widefs then.

Cheers!
Stuart.