[simpits-tech] Correct list for Epic?

Stuart Whelan simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 07:24:00 +1200

Absolutely 100% sure about the network. That was my first thought too.
:)

I have both TCPIP and IPX connectivity.

I have wideserver and wideclient (using IPX) running on the machines,
and the instruments running under wideclient work fine, they get correct
and timely data.

I have a mapped drive between the two machines, and that works fine too.

Also EpicClient reports it has connected, and EpicServer reports it has
had a client connect to it.

I have tried changing the IPX port numbers Epiclink uses just in case
there was a conflict, with no change.

I have not yet put a packet sniffer on the network to monitor the IPX
traffic, but I plan to.

Cheers!
Stuart.