[simpits-tech] Motion systems for sims - Best Ride Yet

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:46:21 -0400

The best ride I ever had in a sim was at NASA.  They used a centrifuge
and a projected image of what you see out the nose of a fighter jet.
The image is projected right in front of you as you set inside the
capsule.

They run you up to 4.2 G's at times and the capsule tilts forward and
back so the G force changes vector.

They do a full spin into the ground at one point and you swear that you
are about to augur into the dirt!  It is so real, then, at the last
second, they pull out hard and heavy as the G force collapses you into
the seat maxing out at 4.2 G.

Quite a convincing ride!  ;-)))))

Marv