[simpits-tech] motion systems for sims

Ben Jones simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:33:32 +0800

Yep thats what i am trying to figure out

>I have heard of sims that use that type of motion, but only as an
>initial kick to fool the brain into thinking that the aircraft has taken
>on a change of direction and return to the home position at a slower
>rate so you don't feel the return.  Movement is restricted to about 3
>feet.

>I don't think that kind of full range motion is practical in the home
>sim,

I agree that it is not practical  but ...... geeze wouldn't it be nice

>Getting large amounts of movement is not very practical,
>particularly if you have a projection screen in front of you.  Ideally,
>the screen and projector should move too, but it would be rough on the
>projector.

True
I have not entertained the idea of a projector screen yet , but with a enclused cockpit and a frenzel  setup some of the visual ques can be used to a advantage  but also there is dissadvantages .

The problem i am basing my sim on a pre ww2 nav and instrument trainer that moved around  with fully encloded canopy , so you are basically flying IFR at night,  what i want to do is take this  working sim and basically bring it up to current technology , by adding epic and a computer controlled flight simulator .

I might be heading left of field but it has been my goal for the last 3 years ever since i clocked up 30 hours naving in this LINK trainer .

thanks marv

regards
ben