[simpits-tech] Driving Resolvers

Ross Hutton simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:10:14 +1000 (EST)

 --- Marv De Beque <debequem@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Here is a portion of my Syncro 101 post:
>
> "A synchro is essentially a compass needle with two
> electromagnets
> located at the perimeter of the needle, one at the
> North pole and one at
> the East.  By varying the magnitude and the polarity
> of the current
> induced in the two electromagnets, you can make the
> needle point
> anywhere on the dial!

Maybe the devices used in aviation instruments are
different but I thought that synchros were actually
differential transformers that either generate 3
phases (for a transmitter) or need 3 phases to drive
them (for a receiver).

They evolved from Selsyns and Magslips and have
windings on both their stators and rotors.

=====
--
Ross

http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au Auctions