[simpits-tech] How do you deal with temperature inside the pit?

Albert Yung simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 02:16:08 +1100

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01BF36EB.08C5F9F0

Hi guys,

This is a question especially for those of you who have or planning on =
building an enclose cockpit (especially for the f16), i.e. with a =
canopy. How do you deal with temperature that will bound to build up =
within the pit?

Heat generated from all the electronics, backlid panels, extra monitors =
(If you are not using a projector) and your own body heat

The only reason why I want to have a canopy is not for aesthetic but for =
"Sound proofing" myself when I talk over RW (because I share room).I =
dont want to "premanently" sound proofing myself by suffercating myself =
from within the cockpit. Turning the pit into a coffin :)=20

To make matter worse I live in a flat where I cant break any walls to =
put in a ducted reverse cycle air cond... I have grills and bars on my =
windows to keep out intruders so no way I can put in a wall/window =
mounted air cond. My only hope would be a portable air conditioner or =
one of those evaporative coolers...modify it and throw an inlet into the =
pit.

My second question would be, evaporative coolers, are they any effective =
in cooling the inner space of the f16 pit? because the price of one of =
them is like 1/10 of a portable air conditioner.

Would love to hear all of your thoughts :)

Albert
Sydney, bloody boiling in Austraila

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01BF36EB.08C5F9F0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi guys,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This is a question especially for those =
of you who=20
have or planning on building an enclose cockpit (especially for the =
f16), i.e.=20
with a canopy. How do you deal with temperature that will bound to build =
up=20
within the pit?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Heat generated from all the =
electronics, backlid=20
panels, extra monitors (If you are not using a projector) and your own =
body=20
heat</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The only reason why I want to have a =
canopy is not=20
for aesthetic but for "Sound proofing" myself when I talk over RW =
(because I=20
share room).I dont want to "premanently" sound proofing myself by =
suffercating=20
myself from within the cockpit. Turning the pit into a coffin :) =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>To make matter worse I live in a flat =
where I cant=20
break any walls to put in a ducted reverse cycle air cond... I have =
grills and=20
bars on my windows to keep out intruders so no way I can put in a =
wall/window=20
mounted air cond. My only hope would be a portable air conditioner or =
one of=20
those evaporative coolers...modify it and throw an inlet into the=20
pit.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My second question would be, =
evaporative coolers,=20
are they any effective in cooling the inner space of the f16 pit? =
because the=20
price of one of them is like 1/10 of a portable air =
conditioner.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Would love to hear all of your thoughts =

:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Albert</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sydney, bloody boiling in=20
Austraila</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01BF36EB.08C5F9F0--