[simpits-chat] Service outage!

Stig Joergensen stig.joergensen at clearsky.dk
Fri Aug 20 07:52:28 PDT 2010

Hi Gene

Just in case you didnt allready know this...

You can ammend the DNS records time to live, set it for like one hour, that
will minimize the downtime on your servers, seen from the internet side..

Unless ofcause you also have your own DNS servers, then you have to ask your
provider to change the TTL for your dns servers... Shouldnt take 7 days,
when you know it advance

ot if you have a firewall in front of both lines - you could always have
NATs for each services :D

/Stig who is still around, but not much active.... LOL