[simpits-chat] Service outage!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Aug 20 06:15:38 PDT 2010

Hi folks, I wanted to let you know that in the coming week or so I'm going
to be upgrading the network service to the simpits.org and my other
servers.

The current network link uses a DSL circuit that runs 1.5/768k.  The 768k
number is the important one as that's the amount of bandwidth that the web
servers have to send you content.

I'm upgrading to a MUCH higher bandwith service of 20M/5M.  This should
alliviate any remaining speed issues that the hardware upgrade from last
year didn't catch.

The down side of this transition is that I'm going to have to renumber the
entire outside network - this will require updates to the nameserver
addresses that all my hosted domains use and that change can take up to 7
days to propagate throughout the root name servers.

When I have a firm install date, I'll post another message letting you
know when the outage is likely to begin.

Thanks for your patience!