[simpits-chat] Solved one mystery!

Stig Joergensen stig.joergensen at clearsky.dk
Tue Nov 4 18:27:07 PST 2003

Brian,

Go for a PIC instead, much cheaper

Check
http://asp.microchip.com/wwwParamChart/chart.aspx?branchID=1005&mid=&gdi
r=1010
<http://asp.microchip.com/wwwParamChart/chart.aspx?branchID=1005&mid=&gd
ir=1010>

/Stig

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Sikkema [mailto:hangr18 at hotmail.com]
Sent: 4. november 2003 17:33
To: simpits chat
Subject: [simpits-chat] Solved one mystery!

Poking around on the Parallax site, I figured out the mystery of the
pinouts. Taking a look at this picture it becomes obvious:
http://www.parallax.com/images/prod_jpg/27290.jpg

This is of the Basic Stamp II OEM - The 17th Pin is labeled P12, as
numbering starts at 0 and after Vdd, Vss, Vin and RES. So it all makes
sense now! :)

The really nice part is I found out I can buy the components to MAKE a
basic stamp, rather than getting a complete one. This will actually make
it cheaper, as I don't need some things that are on the actual stamp -
most notably a 5V regulator - because I've already got one in the
circuit for the accellerometer. I've still got to add up all the total
costs, and I'm still seeing what I can get for free as samples (right
now I'm getting at least 3 seperate components for free ;), but I should
be able to make this whole thing for quite cheap! :)

Brian