[simpits-chat] Solved one mystery!

Brian Sikkema hangr18 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:32:45 PST 2003

Poking around on the Parallax site, I figured out the mystery of the pinouts. Taking a look at this picture it becomes obvious: http://www.parallax.com/images/prod_jpg/27290.jpg

This is of the Basic Stamp II OEM - The 17th Pin is labeled P12, as numbering starts at 0 and after Vdd, Vss, Vin and RES. So it all makes sense now! :)

The really nice part is I found out I can buy the components to MAKE a basic stamp, rather than getting a complete one. This will actually make it cheaper, as I don't need some things that are on the actual stamp - most notably a 5V regulator - because I've already got one in the circuit for the accellerometer. I've still got to add up all the total costs, and I'm still seeing what I can get for free as samples (right now I'm getting at least 3 seperate components for free ;), but I should be able to make this whole thing for quite cheap! :)

Brian