[simpits-chat] Dr. Fun III

Ido Dekkers simpits-chat@simpits.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:31:20 +0200

just to remind you Brian - 9/11 and all the bombing against the US all
around the world ?
and all of the bombings in Israel,

Ido

             "Brian Sikkema"
             <hangr18@hotmail.
             Sent by:                  simpits-chat@simpits.org
             simpits-chat-admi                                          cc
             n@simpits.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [simpits-chat] Dr. Fun III
             03/12/2003 10:08
             PM

             Please respond to
             simpits-chat@simp
                  its.org

Or money, or power, or fame... etc etc etc. People talk about all the wars
religion has caused, but last I checked neither of the World Wars had
anything to do with religion... ok, WWII wasn't ENTIRELY secular, but
considering we didnt really know about the death camps until far into the
war, I think we can safely say it was more about stopping Hitler's roll
across Europe, and his reasons for doing THAT were personal/political.

I'd say its high time to stop blaming the "reasons" for crime, war, etc etc

etc and start putting it back on the people who actually cause it. People
talk about, for example, a right-wing Christian extremist who blows up an
abortion clinic. I'd say his being a right-wing Christian extremist has a
lot less to do with it than his being a complete and utter evil jackass. To

put it lightly, of course. People find all sorts of justifications and
cop-outs, but it in the end we're all responsible for our own actions.
Religion has never been the cause of anything - its peoples own misguided
twistings of what they think their religion says, twisted to suit their own

impulses.

Just my $.02, I'll shut up now.
Brian