[GEM Development] Is this place still alive?

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Jan 13 08:44:15 PST 2023

On Fri, 13 Jan 2023, Owen Rudge wrote:

> Thanks for fixing!

YW!

> I don't have anything especially GEM-related to share, though did spot
> (via Ben) the news that somebody has written a new GEM app, in 2022:
>
> https://oldbytes.space/@Seg/109661079097418132
> https://haxxed.com/stuff/

That's neat.  It looks like they're porting something from the Atari ST?

> though it doesn't look to have been released yet. Their "slimgem"
> bindings at https://github.com/SegHaxx/slimgem look interesting too,
> which includes a FreeGEM version enabling building with Watcom C.

That's cool.  A few in-browser VMs showed up for FreeGEM in the last month
or two on archive.org, but I can't find them at the moment.

I did find this while trying to locate the FreeGEM VMs..
https://lunduke.substack.com/p/freegemxm-the-open-source-version