[GEM Development] Some links to play with

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 15:16:03 PDT 2021

On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 at 21:24, Armand Colleye <armand.colleye at planet.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to have a copy of it.

OK. I don't seem to have uploaded this anywhere already.

I have a niggling problem I have yet to fix -- for some reason,
HIMEM.SYS is grabbing a big 32kB chunk of base memory and I can't work
out why. So I haven't shared it yet.

I'll add it to the to-do list! ;-)

Anyone else interested in maybe helping with this?

> I do have now a free-dos 1.2 virtual hard disk, with a lot of GEM applications.
> But:
> - no sound :(
> - no network :(

Are you on the FreeDOS mailing lists? They're quite active. There's a
lot of discussion of networking there and some tools to help you
network it.

Sound I have not tried, but I should, you're right.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
UK: (+44) 7939-087884 ~ Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053