[GEM Development] Trying to find personal blog of an Atari developer

Shane Gough goughsw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 09:33:21 PDT 2021

Ok, I remember a blog by an Atari developer that survived the transition
from arcade and console games to the Atari ST when the Tramiel family took
over the company.

Some of the more memorable posts I remember include:

* Playing the darth vader theme when the Tramiel family first turned up.
* Selling off a bunch of LISP machines that Atari had bought for reasons?
* Developers from Digital Research explaining machine code optimizations to
people that didn't have a framebuffer and had to 'chase the beam' to
generate video output in realtime.

Anyone have a link to that anymore?

I know, not really GEM but part of an important step in GEM usage and it's
development history.