[GEM Development] Liam Proven! DOS in VirtualPC

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 06:51:46 PST 2017

On 9 December 2017 at 03:07, Steve Nickolas <usotsuki at buric.co> wrote:

> I've been tempted to try to crowdfund a buyout or license of MS-DOS and PC
> DOS so that PC DOS 7.1 could be improved on...

Not going to happen, same as a FOSS OS/2, because it contains
Microsoft code that Microsoft doesn't want out there.

But DR-DOS 7.01 was opened, albeit briefly.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120424070600/http://drdosprojects.de/

I suggest trying to find Udo Kuhnt and contacting him if possible.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120204050006/http://www.drdosprojects.de/index.cgi/about.htm

And of course there's FreeDOS. I find it a bit uncomfortable -- it
doesn't do things like I'd expect, whereas DR-DOS does, or at least
close enough. But it's complete, all-FOSS, working and usable.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com