[GEM Development] Proposal about the wiki...

rob at midworld.co.uk rob at midworld.co.uk
Sun Jan 25 14:41:46 PST 2009

Good evening,

(usual disclaimers, blah de blah, opinions are my own and nobody is
obliged to agree with me)

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 01:29:24AM +0100, José Emilio Mori Recio wrote:
> Well, I think it's useless to keep on the discussion about what the wiki
> should contain, when it hasn't even been fixed.

This sounds worryingly managerial...

> So, the plan should be, first of all, wait for Owen to unlock the secondary
> wiki. I suppose it will happen in any moment, as we already know that Rob
> can't maintain the primary. I don't know if "wiki2" could also be renamed to
> "wiki", hiding the non-working primary wiki, but that should be the idea...

I don't mind hosting the damn thing, I just can't actively maintain it.

> And then, fill the wiki with the general information that Dennis has
> pointed...

There is a non-trivial amount of information just in people's heads.
Possibly looking at a structure to enable people to dump their thoughts
and ideas might be a bit more use to start with, as that's the most
volatile of all?

> everything except for the full API programming reference, which
> should only be linked to.

Why?  Pretty much the entire target audience of GEM is developers at
this stage in the game.  That's the easy bit of the wiki or any
documentation stuff.

Ta,

Rob

(would love to have time&inclination to crack out EFGD again)