[GEM Development] More about GEM's and wiki's future

Dennis Schulmeister dennis at windows3.de
Sat Jan 10 14:10:59 PST 2009

Hi,

I don't see why there is so much pro/contra discussion about the wiki.
In the meantime it could have already been fixed. :)

A wiki usually is a good thing to tie the community together (similar to
this list) and to provide information at a central location. Despite
static HTML sites it fosters collaboration because many people can edit
it.

So what's the deal? Of course there's already plenty of very good
documentation out there. And of course it's not in wiki format. So what?
Why don't we just set up a wiki with general information like this:

      * What is GEM?
      * What can I do with it?
      * How do I install it?
      * Which versions are available?
      * Who's already doing what?
      * Where can I find development documentation?

That last page would then just contain downloads and links to the
already present documents. No big deal and no needless discussion.
Though I'm glad that there is some discussion at all. :)

Yours sincerely,
Dennis Schulmeister

--
Dennis Schulmeister - Schifferstr. 1 - 76189 Karlsruhe - Germany
Tel: +49 721/5978883 - Mob: +49 152/01994400 - eMail: dennis at windows3.de

Now moved to the corridor: Hermes! (http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net)
Besides that: http://www.denchris.de - http://www.motagator.net/bands/65

<GnuPG KeyIDs: B8382C97, 01AD62DE>