[GEM Development] More about GEM's and wiki's future

José Emilio Mori Recio jem at archivalladolid.org
Sat Jan 10 05:20:38 PST 2009

Hi again. About Michael's comments...

You're right, the documentation in http://toshyp.atari.org/ is quite
complete (just a few german translation problems) and I have seen that it
includes FreeGEM additions, as does John Elliot's documentation (at
www.seasip.info/Gem and OpenGEM SDK); and I have found more complete
references on the web such as The Atari Compendium at www.fortunecity.com.
But my question is: who will update, or how will they be updated if there
are further improvements or corrections to make? I think that is the main
advantage of the wiki as a primary reference place: it can be updated by
many people and not just one web maintainer alone, which maybe at some time
has no longer the time or the interest to do it. Not to forget other
advantages: the changing information about existing, updated or new GEM
software, tips for the beginner programmer, better navigation and search
facilites, etc... all of which I think all of those webs lack of.

But more important, I think that if the wiki currently exists (and,
hopefully, will be updatable soon), it means that more people feels that
it's useful. I don't know exactly how it was created, but I suppose the
documentation was also available then, and anyway its advantages were
considered.

I'd like to read more opinions about this subject.

Best regards,

//     José Emilio Mori Recio - http://www.gui.uva.es/~jem         \\
|| Administrador Informático, Arzobispado de Valladolid y Archivo  ||
\\ Miembro 088 del Grupo Universitario de Informática, Valladolid  //