[GEM Development] More about GEM's and wiki's future

Owen Rudge owen at owenrudge.net
Thu Jan 8 13:05:02 PST 2009

Hi José,

> So, we're back to the problem, we don't have any news from the primary wiki
> maintainer, Rob. If he doesn't answer in a few more days, I would like to
> ask Owen to make wiki2 the primary wiki in order for all of us to use and
> expand it; thanks in advance.

I should be able to do this if necessary, yes.

 > And also, sorry for the insistence... the
> freegem.net domain, where the wikis are, expires in two days, is everything
> OK with that?

Yes, the domains shall be renewed. I own and run the web host that
freegem.net is registered with, so I shall make sure it is renewed. ;)

> Also, and sorry again: I'm very interested in knowing about Shane Land, as
> the main *-GEM devoloper in the last years (please correct me if I'm wrong
> in that), in order to know which would be the starting point for our new
> improvements (OpenGEM 5, 6, 7, "6 to 7"...) and whether he's still "active"
> in GEM development or not. If someone in this list knows something about
> him, please tell us...

Well, Shane hasn't posted since the end of September. I'm not sure if
he's done much work on OpenGEM recently, but I daresay he'll reply when
he has some time to read these e-mails.

Regards,

--
Owen Rudge