[GEM Development] GEM not going forward... Comments?

Gerhard Stoll Gerhard_Stoll at b.maus.de
Wed Jan 7 08:20:00 PST 2009

> Is this the same on Atari GEM? For some 32 bit processors this is non-
> optimal and a portable 32 bit GEM would have to take that into account.

Mmh, I am don't know what you mean, but for many years I wrote a program and
compile this sourcecode with Turbo C [1] for Atari und the same code with Turbo
C for DOS (GEM/3) without any changes. There was only some small thing because
the Atari-GEM or PC-GEM don't have some function. For Example:
-------------------------------cut-------------------------------
VOID beep (VOID)
{
  if(ring_bell)