[GEM Development] GEM on Atari

Olivier Landemarre olivier.landemarre at utbm.fr
Mon Jan 5 06:07:37 PST 2009

Hello Shane
> Thanks to all :)
>
> I now have a running Atari emulator on all machines (Aranym does not
> like running remotely via X though - could be a libSDL problem).
>
> Next question is preferred C/C++ compiler for Atari?
Actually this is GCC or PureC (commercial not uptodate)
Take this Aranym image:
http://atari.st-katharina-apotheke.de/download/easymint-1.70-aranym.tar.gz
This is easymint package, all file need for dev are inside, gcc is old
(2.95.3) but work
You can wan't GCC 4.3.2 I know some people have compil it for Mint but I
not find any official package for this,
if you have Cygwin or Linux there is a cross compiler here with source code:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/
It work fine on Linux
> Preferably
> natively hosted (ie: runs on the Atari and generates code for the
> Atari). I've found references to a GCC implementation that should run
> under Aranym (and AFROS) - I'm downloading and about to try it out
> now. Suggestions relating to native Atari compilers and editors/IDE's
> would be very welcome.
For edition use Qed with syntax colored, work fine, very good and
simple, no IDE (I have done one in past but not work with recent version
of GCC not very usefull now)
>  Is there a native Object Pascal (ie: Turbo
> Pascal 5.5 compatible) compiler for the Atari?

Yes in past name Pure Pascal, this was commercial software.