[GEM Development] Source for Old Video Cards

alec.beanse at virgin.net alec.beanse at virgin.net
Wed Sep 17 13:31:20 PDT 2008

John Elliott wrote:

> > I don't remember which one(S) John had a
> > particular interest in testing his drivers against, but MAYBE one of them
> > is available from this 'seller'.
>
>   For what it's worth, the drivers I've built but can't test are:
>
> * AT&T Display Enhancement Board
> * Wyse 700 1280x800
> * Genius 728x1008
> * Genoa SVGA
> * Quadram Prosync (I've got the card for this, but no EGA monitor)

I had a feeling that at least one of the above drivers already existed
so just checked the GEMSETUP.TXT file on the install disk for 3.11. It
includes reference to drivers for Wyse/Amdek Mono 1280 x 800 and Genius
Mono 728 x 1008 if that's any help

|DESCRIPTION|Wyse/Amdek Monochrome Graphics Display (1280x800)
|SHORT DESCR|Wyse/Amdek
|FILENAME|SDGWYS9.VGA
|SRC DISK|GEM PRINTER DISK
|FONT DISK|GEM SYSTEM MASTER DISK
|FNT WILDCRD|*.VGA
|TYPE|VGA_MONO
|LONG DESCRP|
Choose this entry if you are using a Wyse or Amdek display and card.
This monochrome display offers a resolution of 1280 horizontal by
800 vertical pixels.

|DESCRIPTION|MDS THE GENIUS Monitor / THE GENIUS Monitor Card (728x1008)
|SHORT DESCR|Genius
|FILENAME|SDGGEN9.VGA
|SRC DISK|GEM SCREEN DISK
|FONT DISK|GEM SYSTEM MASTER DISK
|FNT WILDCRD|*.VGA
|TYPE|VGA_MONO
|LONG DESCRP|
Choose this entry if you are using THE GENIUS Monitor and THE GENIUS
Monitor Card by Micro Display Systems.  This monochrome display
offers a resolution of 728 horizontal by 1008 vertical pixels.

Alec