[GEM Development] [Fwd: How can be updated the OpenGEM background

Olivier.Landemarre at utbm.fr Olivier.Landemarre at utbm.fr
Mon Sep 24 13:13:36 PDT 2007

Selon John Elliott <jce at seasip.demon.co.uk>:

> > Guys, I got the following email.
> >
> > Does anyone remember how to change backgrounds on the desktop?
>
>   To the best of my recollection, there's no support for it in my Desktop.
> The screenshot on Owen's site looks like Ben's desktop, so perhaps that can
> do it.
>   I never added background support to my Desktop because it would only have
> worked in the Desktop, not in other apps - not a problem in a ViewMAXy file
> manager, but not very good in a full desktop application. I was hoping to do
> something better with the larger available memory space in EMMA.

Hello all

This not exactly the question, but I think a good idea for futur developpments:
Modify objc_draw function like this:
If tree = current desktop tree and obj = 0, and ob_type not an userdef or a very
specific type, then not draw this object classically but put the desktop
picture, like this all applications with a desktop, will share same desktop
picture this is visually funny, less getting tired for eyes and work very well.
I have implement it in MyAES: http://myaes.lutece.net/

There is no good picture example of this in the web site unfortunatly.

Just an idea!

Olivier