[GEM Development] AVG Does Think There Are Virii in the GEM Files

Thomas Clayton topcatdrc at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 14:14:55 PDT 2007

Dear group:

I remember reading someone's previous post about AVG - AVG Free, in my
case - /MISidentifying/ some of the GEM files as potential virus
threats and 'quarantining' them. Well, it just happened to me. I /was/
able to 'rescue' the GEM files from the "virus vault" that AVG sets up.
I've removed AVG from the computer (that I had just 'set up'). It's a
good product that /will/ be put back on, /but ONLY after/ I've
finiished sorting thru the Win99 misc. and downloads that I copied -
from those old W99 drives (~3-4 GBs), including the GEM 'stuff' - to
the 'huge' HDD (a 40GB) in the /new/ system (~2GHz).

... then there is the original 'GE-' stuff on the 4?,386 from the last
millelnnium. (GE- = GEM, GEOS). (Several - 3,4 - 'huge' 200MB HDDs.)
Some day ... (it'll have to be /real soon now/).

Sincerely,

Thomas Clayton

P.S.: If anyone /needs/ the names of the flagged as infected files, I
can look them up.