[GEM Development] Simplest GEM distro - is this?

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Mon May 15 22:48:09 PDT 2006

: I just threw together the minimum number of files necessary to run, dunno
: if the fake (null) desktop.inf will work.  Unzip into c:\ with folders
: intact.  I suppose this will do in a pinch and I can always add to it
: later.  resdir doesn't seem to work right, or I would be able to better
: test it by running it from d:\gengem\gem3 instead of c:\gemapps\gemsys
: since on my dosemu c:\ is read-only. --;

  Seems to work all right when I try it. eg:

H:\TMP\GEMAPPS\GEMSYS>copy gem.rsc gem.rs0
H:\TMP\GEMAPPS\GEMSYS>resdir gem.rs0 gem.rsc

  and then gem.rsc contains the correct paths.

------------- http://www.seasip.demon.co.uk/index.html --------------------
John Elliott           |BLOODNOK: "But why have you got such a long face?"