[GEM Development] version of opengem for easy use for windows users

Blair Campbell blairdude at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:22:49 PDT 2006

> Seriously though...I guess Debian has some serious advantages.  There is
> a massive community, it's highly regarded and highly tested.

I have some experience with hand-configuring Debian files.  I have a
laptop running Debian and it is highly customized.  But usually,
Debian still automatically detects everything unless it's for some
hardware like wlan where many of the available drivers are not in
debian itself.

> I always kept away from Debian because I want everything to
> automatically work.  I'm not really interested in customising my system.
>  I used to use Mandrake, and now I am play with Ubuntu.  I guess for my
> friend's case..well..it's all about customisation.  She's going to be
> using the OS for rather complex purposes.
>
> She has commented that FreeDOS was a lot more friendly with regards use.
>  I guess this is something I felt too.  The CLI in DOS seems to have
> less bite than Linux.  Perhaps this is because DOS simply does less.

But then again, the CLI in Linux is MUCH more powerful; you can write
scripts in bash that can do ten times as much as batch scripts.

--
Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change
color and fall from the trees.

See ya