[GEM Development] GEM/XM VDI source

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Tue May 9 00:47:17 PDT 2006

> : The DR fix at the end of sh_rdinf() in GEM/3 works, so I guess it's an
> : option for future inclusion on versions of the GEM/XM AES.
>
>   If anyone's got that building. Ben?

Yep, I've got it to build and run without crashing -- I posted the requisite
change (one byte!) to the list in February, but it probably got lost in the
noise.  If I get a chance tomorrow I'll incorporate that change into my tree and
upload a ZIP of the full thing.

> * The GEM/3 AES gets the clipboard path from its resource file using a few
>  lines at the end of ap_init():
>
>         rs_gaddr(ad_sysglo, R_STRING, STSCDIR, &scdir);
>         LBSET(scdir, gl_logdrv);                /* set drive letter     */
>         sc_write(scdir);
>
>   but those lines aren't present in the XM AES, so I don't know where (if
> anyhere) it sets up the path to \GEMSCRAP.

It's (at least for the XM VDI) hardcoded to x:\GEMSCRAP, where x may or may not
be hardcoded to C.  The VDI uses it when copying/pasting to/from DOS
applications; any change to make the AES more flexible needs to be replicated in
the GDOS, otherwise you'll get apparent hangs when using the DOS clipboard.

--
Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.