[GEM Development] Wanted: GST Publisher [WAS: (no subject)]

Thomas Clayton topcatdrc at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 17 12:06:03 PDT 2006

Dear Nick and GEM-DEV'ers:

GEM 5? Never heard of it! Did it exist? Tell US about it.

"GST Publisher", since it did not / DOES not come from Digital
Research, it is NOT covered by the Caldera release of GEM under the
GNU Public License (GNU-PL). (If GST relesaed it, that would be
different!)

As such, even IF I had a copy, I couldN'T give you a COPY. I could,
ONLY, transfer the license rights and all materials that I had to
you (AND NOT keep a copy for myself)!

That having been said, what is different about "GST Publisher" than
the "Publish It! vn. 2" program that "Timeworks, Inc" released in
the USA (~1992)? ("Publish It!" was based upon GST code according
to the copyrights.)

Timeworks was located nearby me - Chicago area, IL, USA and is now
defunct - but I have two copies of their "Publish It! - Lite" and
two of "Publish It! vn. 2". (One boxed, one not.) Unfortuneately, I
didn't make it to their bankruptcy 'auction' :-(
   Anyone KNOW if ANY of their other programs were GEM 'based'?
(They might, for example, have been GEM 'runtime-only' environment
programs - like Xerox Ventura Publisher. (I've got versions of VP,
BTW, as well.)

In summary, Nick, I'm curious as to what YOU happen to KNOW about
these requests of your's.

Sincerely,

Thomas Clayton