[GEM Development] Duplicates

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 3 03:57:27 PDT 2006

  I've just been looking over the various GEM versions archived at
<http://www.retroarchive.org/cpm/archive/unofficial/gemworld.html> (which
would normally be mirrored somewhere at deltasoft.com as well, but for
deltasoft.com having been defaced).

- The archives for "DESKTOP v1.2", "DESKTOP v1.4", "DESKTOP v1.5" and
"DESKTOP v1.6" are byte-for-byte identical to the archive for "DESKTOP
v1.1". I don't know if there ever were real 1.4-1.6 versions of GEM/1, but
these are not they.

- The files in the archive for "DESKTOP v1.3" report themselves as v1.2 and
 are pretty nearly identical to their equivalents in the "GEM for Tandy"
 archive which is supposed to be v1.2.

- The "GEM UPDATE" zipfile updates 1.x versions of GEM to v1.2.

  I suggest that to avoid confusion, the duplicates of dsktop11.zip be
removed, leaving only "DESKTOP v1.1" and "DESKTOP v1.3"; and then the latter
be renamed to "DESKTOP v1.2".

--
John Elliott