[GEM Development] GEM/XM VDI source

Blair Campbell blairdude at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 20:52:02 PST 2006

>   I've now replaced that with a complete new zip, in which all the FCB I/O
> has been replaced with file handles. It includes a built GEMVDI.EXE so
> you don't have to compile it to test it.

Thanks.  It works perfectly.  Are there any plans to merge the FreeGEM
AES with GEM/XM's AES?  I REALLY like this version of GEM as the
multitasking/task-switching is very useful for me.  There was one
problem though.

If I launch FreeCOM in GEM/XM, using '+' to view the XM menu doesn't
do anything other than print a '+' on the command prompt.  Any idea as
to why this happens?  AFAIK, FreeCOM doesn't hook Int 21 or anything
like that.  Win98's command.com in pure DOS under FreeDOS also simply
prints '+' on the command prompt.  However, in Micro-C's IDE, it works
fine and pops up the menu.

Also, what's the easiest way to convert a CLI program into a GEM
program?  And, btw, is there actual multitasking going on between
GEM/XM applications or is it task-switching?

--
Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change
color and fall from the trees.

See ya