[GEM Development] ITs been quiet Are we xmitting?

Owen Rudge owen at owenrudge.net
Fri Sep 30 10:17:23 PDT 2005

> Owen's a 18-19yr old first year uni/college student?
> (I visited the web site link.) Hmmm.

I was a 12-year-old secondary school pupil here once upon a time. ;-)

> I'd thought he was a *MUCH* older adualt and that
> Shane was *the* youngster! Maybe its the tag-line of
> John Elliot's letters (from the Goon Show) Together
> with the 'fact' that John and Owen *seemed* (to me) to
> have known each other - "*forever*".

Well, I've been around here since early 2000, and from what I can remember,
GEM was only open sourced in 1999, so in many ways it may well seem like
"forever"!

> St. Andrews ?in Scotland? (near the golf course, of
> course!).

Yes, the historic town of St Andrews, famous for golf!

> Someone there had had posted some old
> ?DOS,GEM? Sw that wasn't there anymore (bad link) when
> I went 'looking' two or three years ago. I *was*
> impressed with the site, I remember. Your
> OwenRudge.net was (/is) impressive, too.

Hm, I don't remember that. But thanks about the site - my GEM site is at
www.owenrudge.net/GEM/, by the way.

Anyway, off to a lecture, back later...

--
Owen Rudge