[GEM Development] Test: Am I Recieving GEM-Dev Letters?

Thomas Clayton topcatdrc at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 18:35:06 PDT 2005

Dear Liam and the rest:

Yep. I'm receiving and it was in just a few minutes -
though I wasn't 'paying attention". So I guess we're
all involved in other things "at the moment".

In my case I've been helping an aquaintance move his
electronic recycling (yes, computer related things,
mostly) warehouse contents to another warehouse. Been
doing that till, oh 9 PM the past two days. (not
tonight, though.)

I found a triple of AMD K6-2 CPUs - 300 (have one,
already), 450, and 500 - that weren't seriously
damaged and spent the time between writing these
messages looking up whether my older (a tertiary)
mainboard  with its setting of 75MHz x 4 would or
wouldn't work with - my soon to be replaced 300MHz -
100MHz x 3 - CPU. (75MHz is the highest the older
board will go.) The 2.2V 'core' (which the older board
*odes* support) on the 'new'(er) CPU *should be* a
benefit (heat disappation) compared to the 3.2V on the
current AMD K6('-1') @ 66MHz x3.5 (233 MHz) CPU -
which, come to think of it, I've *never* run in that
board! Anyway, 300MHz at 75MHz  vs. 100Mhz Front Side
Buss (FSB), sounds reasonable to me. I think the
experimental method will end up being used, in this
case, determine the answer.

Tom Clayton