[GEM Development] I've got a lead ...

Thomas Clayton topcatdrc at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 12:43:41 PDT 2005

Dear Group:

I've got a lead on getting a copy of GEM Scan. The man
may not have a copy anymore, but *definitely* used to.
He wrote a book - about 1990 - called "Image Scanning
for Desktop Publishers" featuring a review of GEM Scan
in part of one of his chapters. In the back he gave
his address (at that time). With that I've been able
to make contact with him - even though he has moved.
He's going to check his old diskette collection(s) for
it. Most likely he thinks he discarded it when he
moved but ... he's willing to check anyway.

BTW, I told him about our 'progress' as well as the
fact that items DR *AND* GEM were released under the
GNU Pulic License. He asked for a list of websites
related to GEM. That's when I noted I'd lost my USB-
FD and the GEM URL list it contained. This is ALSO why
I've asked you for your 'suggestions' for GEM related
URLs.

Sincerely,

Thomas Clayton