[GEM Development] RE: GEM Dialog Problems

Scott McDonald smpcs at hotkey.net.au
Mon Oct 17 14:30:09 PDT 2005

Hi Peter and Chris,

My goal with application development is to make OpenGEM a useful tool, to me
that means at leasta database and an editor with a slightly more modern approach
than what was written around 20 years ago.

After that, tackling Email would be the next obvious step, but while I am
familiar with Winsock programming, doing it with a DOS PPP stack is a complete
unknown.

As I haven't yet been inundated with Pascal programmers telling their stories I
guess most things will be trial and error and while the official AES and VDI
documents in the SDK are great they still seem to leave a lot to the imagination.

By the way, I'm in Stanmore which is rather close.

Scott McDonald

Scott McDonald PC Services
ABN: 20 586 027 242
PO Box 139 Newtown 2042
Fax: 9564-2347
Email: smpcs at bigpond.com
Website: http://www.users.bigpond.com/smpcs
"Resourceful Computing for Professional Teachers"