[GEM Development] New 256 colour driver

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 20:25:31 PDT 2005

: - First the small one. The animation of the menus and windows
: sometimes look a little strange (the colors are flashing while
: drawing the menus). Maybe that's a "Liberation" problem.

  No; I think this is because GEM is treating the display as eight planes,
so you get to see each 'plane' being updated in glorious slow-motion. People
who've used GEM on a PC1512 should be familiar with the effect :-)

: - When resizeing a desktop window/folder (for example the standart
: C:\gemapps) the system hangs if the window becomes to "big".

  You're right, it does. I wonder why.

: - Basic2 don't runs anymore (it starts and before displaying anything
: escapes).

  BASIC2 is weird. On my system it doesn't run even with the normal VGA
driver.

: - In Write.app the menu isn't accesible with the mouse anymore.

  Hmm. If I try it, Write.app crashes completely :-(

: And one suggestion: Maybe a 800x600 version of the driver would be nice.

  I don't think it's possible.

--
John Elliott