[GEM Development] OpenGEM FAQ

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 30 15:23:37 PDT 2005

>> Thanks to Liam for his help with this (renamed) FAQ.  Any more comments
>> from anyone?
>

> Just curious - why the renaming? It's still a FAQ file, really, not a
> Users' Guide, which is a "here is how to use your new computer" sort
> of thing, to my mind...

The OpenGEM User Guide does indeed look more like a FAQ at the moment,
however new revisions are coming with more "usery guide" stuff inside.
The renaming was because I thought the FAQ had information that was NOT
frequently asked, that it provided useful information for end-users that
can be expanded on, and because I wanted to have a user guide and a faq
for the OpenGEM releases.

The FAQ and the User Guide will have new releases shortly, and both
should be substantially better at that stage.

Regards

Shane

PS:  I plan to work on a third document, the OpenGEM Developers Guide.
This will provide basic information for people who want to start
developing the OpenGEM distro.